Adult acne is a condition that plagues thousands of people across the globe. It is a great beauty concern and causes quite a lot of pain and distress, both physical and otherwise. Acne is the result of dirt and dead cell accumulation in the pores of the skin.
Dirt and oil, along with dead cells accumulate in pores or hair follicles and form small blackheads, which go on to become white heads and pustules when inflamed, and eventually turn into pimples. Severe acne can be very painful as it completely reddens skin, causes severe itching, cracked skin, and scars.
The exact causes have not been identified yet that lead to adult acne, but stress, unhealthy lifestyle, usage of bad cosmetics, hormonal imbalance etc have been linked to adult acne. About 25% of all adult men and 50% of all adult women reportedly suffer from adult acne. Many over the counter medications are available for treating acne.
They generally contain benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, etc which do sometimes cure acne but often have grave side effects. These include excessive dryness of the skin, cracking, itching, scarring etc. Salicylic acid has also been linked to other serious disorders such as hearing and memory impairment etc. Here are 5 natural treatments for adult acne that can cure acne without any harmful side effects.
1. Fruits and vegetables can be used to cure adult acne. Raid your fridge for these easily available natural remedies for acne. Applying lemon cubes on the acne-affected areas works wonders for clearing skin of acne. Applying the lemon juice to the affected area and allowing the skin to absorb it for 15 minutes, wash it off after 15 minutes with lukewarm water.
Tomato and cucumber juice can also be applied to acne to reduce symptoms. These juices absorb the excess oil from skin and leave it hydrated and dryer. They also tighten pores and reduce the possibility of future acne. Citric acid in lemons and tomatoes is great to dry up pustules and to reduce white heads.
2. Proper hydration is a key to clear skin. Toxins, bacteria and other harmful substances accumulate in the pores and cause harmful fungal infection, adult acne is also caused in a similar way. Drinking lots of fluids and water throughout the day helps cleans the body internally of all excess toxins and impurities.
It keeps the body’s circulation active and helps skin to avoid build-ups. Drinking at least 6 liters of water everyday helps the toxins to leave the body. Exercising is also a good way to clear the pores of the skin. When we sweat, a large part of the toxins and germs that have accumulated in the pores leave the body.
Therefore, exercise not only helps the body but also the skin. Eating right is also an important step towards the treatment of acne. Eating healthy foods such as fruits, green vegetables etc and cutting back on the cholesterol and oil consumption will help reduce symptoms of acne and reduce the oil accumulation that causes adult acne.
3. Many face masks and face packs are available that can be naturally made at home and have great results on acne affected skin. Most of these masks are extremely simple and the ingredients used are easily available.
The first of these involves mixing baking soda and water together and applying it to the face. The mask will absorb oil and dirt from pores and clarify skin. Leave it on for 20 minutes and then wash off. Another great mask for adult acne is the honey apple mask.
It requires 4 tablespoons full of honey and one grated apple, mashed and mixed together and then applied to affected area. This mask not only clears acne but also tones the skin and visibly reduces sebum accumulation that causes acne.
Before using any of these masks, proper cleansing of the face is important. Use a clear or foamy cleanser that has deep pore cleansing properties. Cleansing is the first step towards acne free skin. Apply these simple masks after that and follow a moisturizing routine after that to keep skin soft and supple. Clay masks and masks made of sea salt are also very helpful for treating adult acne.
4. Getting oil massages is a great way to boost the circulation of the skin. Oil helps hydrate the skin and massaging acne affected skin with specific oils helps reduce acne and clear the skin. Coconut oil is good for softening skin.
If you are using heavy medication for acne that has left scabs and scars on your face and has left your skin dry, massaging your face with honey and coconut oil will do you good. Tea tree oil is a great substance for fighting adult acne. It has unique anti acne properties and is often used in herbal anti acne medications.
Bacteria are one of the main causes of acne and tea tree oil is known for its anti bacterial properties. Using tea tree oil in its proper, diluted quantity as massage oil is extremely helpful for clearing adult acne. It hydrates skin and sucks out impurities and fights acne causing bacteria and fungus.
If you cannot manage massages then opt for herbal acne medications that contain tea tree oil as one of its primary ingredients. Massaging also improves blood circulation and helps rid of the body of impurities and dirt.
5. Proper diet is extremely important for clearing acne. What you eat greatly affects your skin’s condition. If you have adult acne and nothing else works, try eating the right things. Try consuming more lean proteins rather than simple carbohydrates as the former help prevent breakouts.
Consumption of probiotics also helps to reduce acne. Probiotics or acidophilus improve the digestive system, which can be beneficial for healthier skin. Herbal teas are extremely helpful for the liver, which if inflamed, can cause severe acne flares. Drinking tea made of red clover, dandelion greens, burdock roots, thistle, etc can soothe the liver and contain inflammation.
Following these simple tips can help you fight adult acne without any harmful side effects whatsoever, and leave you with naturally beautiful glowing skin.
About The Author
My name is Sunil Visvambaram. I’m currently doing a research on natural adult acne treatments and writing articles on my findings. Acne is a skin disorder condition that affects almost any part of your body. But it primarily affects on your face. This has become a serious issue that many actually overlook. In fact, it affects more than 17 million adults in the US alone! If you let your acne unattended, it can really turn out to become a severe condition which needs medical attention. Please visit my website http://adultacnetreatmentreviews.com for more information on how to prevent, manage and cure your acne permanently.